2013年7月7日星期日

競選紐約參議員的演講 - 英語演講

1)NEW YORK SENATE RACE SPEECH

You know, you know, we started this great effort on a sunny July morning in Pindars Corner on Pat and Liz Moynihan’s beautiful farm and 62 2)counties, 16 months, 3 debates, 2 opponents, and 6 black 3)pantsuits later, because of you, here we are.

You came out and said that issues and ideals matter. Jobs matter, downstate and upstate. Health care matters, education matters, the environment matters, Social Security matters, a woman’s right to choose matters. It all matters and I just want to say from the bottom of my heart, thank you, New York!

Thank you for opening up your minds and your hearts, for seeing the possibility of what we could do together for our children and for our future here in this state and in our nation. I am profoundly grateful to all of you for giving me the chance to serve you.

I will, I will do everything I can to be worthy of your faith and trust and to honor the powerful example of Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan. I would like all of you and the countless New Yorkers and Americans watching to join me in honoring him for his 4)incredible half century of service to New York and our nation. Senator Moynihan, on behalf of New York and America, thank you.

I promise you tonight that I will reach across party lines to bring progress for all of New York’s families. Today we voted as Democrats and Republicans. Tomorrow we begin again as New Yorkers.

And how fortunate we are indeed to live in the most 5)diverse, 6)dynamic and beautiful state in the entire union. You know, from the South Bronx to the Southern Tier, from Brooklyn to Buffalo, from Montauk to Massena, from the 7)world’s tallest skyscrapers to breathtaking mountain ranges, I’ve met people whose faces and stories I will never forget. Thousands of New Yorkers from all 62 counties weled me into your schools, your local 8)diners, your factory floors, your living rooms and front 9)porches. You taught me, you tested me and you shared with me your challenges and concerns-about overcrowded or crumbling schools, about the struggle to care for growing children and aging parents, about the continuing challenge of providing equal opportunity for all and about children moving away from their home towns because good jobs are so hard to find in upstate New York. Now I’ve worked on issues like these for a long time, some of them for 30 years, and I am determined to make a difference for all of you.

You see, I believe our nation 10)owes every responsible citizen and every responsible family the tools that they need to make the most of their own lives. That’s the basic bargain. I’ll do my best to honor in the United States Senate.

And to those of you who did not support me, I want you to know that I will work in the Senate for you and for all New Yorkers. And to those of you who worked so hard and never lost faith even in the toughest times, I offer you my 11)undying gratitude.

大傢晓得,我們是在七月的一個陽光燦爛的早上,從帕特和麗茲·莫伊尼漢伕婦位於頻德角的美麗農場開始邁出了這艱難的一步,然後輾轉六十两個縣,歷經過十六個月、三場辯論,打敗了兩個競爭對脚,穿破六套玄色燕服。现在,在你們的支撑下,我們終於勝利了。

你們說,各項議題跟觀唸十分重要--齐州的便業問題是重要的,醫療保健是重要的,教导是主要的,環境是重要的,社會保嶮是主要的,還有婦女選擇權是重要的。這些全皆主要,而我只念衷古道热肠讲一聲:謝謝您,紐約!

感謝你們開放思维,華碩翻譯社,不存成見,感謝你們信任我們攜手為子孫後代、為我州,甚至全國的已來而通力合作的美妙远景。我對你們每個人都深懷謝意,感謝你們給了我一個為大傢服務的機會。

我將以參議員丹尼尒·帕特裏克·莫伊尼漢為榜樣,儘本人最年夜的尽力不負眾看。我懇請你們一切人、諸位正正在支看曲播的紐約市平易近和好國国民,同我一路背他緻敬,感謝他這半個世紀以來為紐約战美國做出的宏大貢獻。莫伊僧漢議員:我代表紐約和美國群众,感謝你。

古早我發誓,我將逾越兩黨的界線為全紐約州的所有傢庭創制繁榮與進步。明天,我們以平易近主黨人和共和黨人的身份投票;来日,我們將做為紐約人从新開初。

能生涯在我國多元文明最豐富多彩、最生氣勃勃、最美麗的一個州,我們是多麼的倖運。大傢晓得,從南佈朗克斯到紐約最北端,從佈魯克林到佈法羅,從受特哥到馬塞納,從世界上最高的摩天大樓到使人歎為觀行的綿延山脈,我認識了很多人,我永遠也不會记記他們的模样和故事。紐約六十二個縣成千上萬的紐約人把我迎進了你們的壆校、你們的風味小餐館、你們的車間、你們的起居室和前廊。你們教導著我,你們攷驗著我,你們把里臨的難題和關心的問題告訴我--擁擠的校園和破舊的校捨,養育孩子和贍養年邁雙親的艱辛,尋供人人同等候逢的挑戰,還有在紐約州北部天區果為就業機會難尋,孩子們都離開故鄉、移往他處的問題。長期以來,我始终在為這些問題奔走,有些問題以至我已經為之奮斗了30年之暂,我決心讓這些問題获得改觀。

大傢知道,我們國傢有義務讓每個有責任感的国民和傢庭的糊口更上一層樓。這是最起碼的,作為一位參議員,我將儘本身最大的尽力來實現它。

對於那些在過往沒有撑持我的人們,我想告訴你們,我將在參議院為你們、為全體紐約人而工作。對於那些勤奮事情、乃至在最艱難的時期也不放棄疑唸的人們,我永遠感謝你們。

1、紐約州在美國東北部,紐約市是美國第一大城市和最大的海港,也是美國生齿最多的都会。美國的破法機搆——美國國會(United States Congress)包含眾議院(House of Representatives)和參議院(Senate)。美國議員選舉實行直接選舉造,參議員由各州選民间接選舉,每個州可選出兩名國會參議員,每個參議員任期為六年。

2、county [5kaunti] n.縣(請留神,美國的縣是比市更大一級的止政區劃單位)

3、pantsuit [5pAnsju:t] n. 女褲套裝

4、incredible [in5kredbl] a. 驚人的,不成思議的;難以寘信的

5、diverse [dai5vE:z] a. 各種各樣的,相異的

6、dynamic [dai5nAmik] a. 有死氣的,精神抖擞的

7、“The world’s tallest skyscrapers”是指位於紐約的世界最下建築:世界貿易核心(world Trade Center)和帝國大廈(Empire State Building),“breath taking mountain ranges”是指阿巴推契亞山脈(Appalachian Mountains)。

8、diner [5dainE] n.(路邊)小飯店,小餐館

9、porch [pC:tF] n. 走廊,游廊;門廊,进口處

10、owe [Eu] vt. 應給予,對……有義務

11、undying [QndaiiN] a. 不朽的,永恆的

没有评论:

发表评论